Thursday, March 3, 2011

A Small Space of Quiet





In music the term rest refers to the pause in a piece of music. It is a small space of quiet. A pause between notes. Without those pauses, those spaces, the music would simply be a lot of noise. But the small moments of silence, rest, help to create the beauty of the song. We hardly notice these spaces and yet they are an integral part of the composition of the song.

In the song of my life I also must add pauses, moments of silence, small times of rest, or my life song simply becomes a lot of noise.

My moments of rest will come in the form of small things. A quiet prayer of thanksgiving. A cup of coffee while watching the birds. Listening to a favorite song on repeat. Taking a minute to enjoy the view of the mountains from my back yard. Small pauses between the notes that make up the music of my life - integral parts of the composition of song.



FaithBarista_Rest2JamBadge

For more posts on the subject of rest visit Faith Barista.

6 comments:

  1. thank you for this little analogy. "Rests" are what makes the difference between a life song and a life full of noise.
    God Bless
    www.jennalane2.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so awesome....

    "In the song of my life I also must add pauses, moments of silence, small times of rest, or my life song simply becomes a lot of noise."

    I love your analogy between music and life.

    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the idea of taking small rests throughout the day just like in music it makes everything work better. Thanks for the thought.

    ReplyDelete
  4. In the song of my life I also must add pauses, moments of silence, small times of rest, or my life song simply becomes a lot of noise.

    LOVE THIS! It just summarizes it all with what I've been reading and wrote. yes . . . we need these pauses and rest. THANK YOU for writing so beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful and perfect analogy! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a beautiful way to look at rest. I can totally do those pauses in between. Thank You.

    ReplyDelete