Friday, March 18, 2011

On Waiting

I have never been good at waiting. Waiting makes me fidget and pace. Waiting makes me want to grow wings and fly in the direction of whatever I'm waiting for and simply bring it home, or make it happen.

But waiting is a fact of life and I am learning to live within the waiting. To realize that there is always something around the corner that I am waiting for. But there are also wonderful opportunities right in front of me that I can take advantage of now. There are moments to be lived, sweetnesses to be savored now.

If my focus is always on whatever it is I am waiting for, I will likely miss the beauty right in front of me this moment.

I do not want my life to be spent with a focus on what is ahead of me, just beyond my reach. I want to learn the lesson of waiting peacefully and enjoying the  now.

I guess it's called living in the moment, and this moment is pretty special.



Here’s how the game works: you simply stop, drop and write. Set your words free. Don’t edit them, don’t fret over them, don’t try to make them perfect (as described by Gypsy Mama). And then link
 up with all the other 5 minute friday players and enjoy the fun.

3 comments:

  1. Learning to live in the wait...a lesson I keep having to learn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your comment, "If my focus is always on whatever it is I am waiting for, I will likely miss the beauty right in front of me this moment." really resonates with me. How true that is! Well said.

    ReplyDelete