Thursday, March 10, 2011

Thankful Thursday - The Leaky Roof Edition

It is rainy and dreary outside. And I have a houseful of kids inside. And I am thankful that Spring is just around the corner!

And all the rain has led us to discover that we have leak in our roof. But, living in a 100 year old house, I am thankful that there is only one leak.

I am thankful that what we were afraid would be a costly problem with our septic system turned out to be a fairly simple and relatively inexpensive one. So now we have the money to fix the leak in the roof.

I am thankful that really, in the grand scheme of things, the problems we have really aren't that major.

We have a (mostly) sound roof over our heads, dry places to sleep, plenty of food, steady jobs, reasonably healthy children, love and laughter.

We are blessed.

In everything give thanks. 1 Thessalonians 5:18

Thankful Thursdays Banner ourhappynuthouse wordpress

This post is linked to Thankful Thursdays at The Nut House.

5 comments:

  1. Awesome! THAT is what Thankful Thursday is all about :)

    I hope you get your roof fixed. I have yet to find a good roofer around here. I can however tell you who not to hire, lol.

    Thanks for joining Thankful Thursday this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you get your roof fixed! I have been seeing this thankful thursday around and I think I need to join in soon. I need a new perspective.

    New follower here, pleaes stop on by..
    http://penelopeblue.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praise God that you are being thankful through it all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely. We must be thankful not only for the good things, but also for the not-so-good ones. And I'm happy that, despite of the 'leaky roof', you're still happy and thankful! Just keep that positive attitude always! =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! It is incredible to know that you are living in a 100-year-old house. When was the last roofing maintenance it had before you discovered that the roof had a leak? I bet the roofing contractors that reroofed it are known for some pretty quality work, considering the age of the house. Anyway, just do maintenance and checkups on your roof every once in a while to be able to notice problems early on.

    ReplyDelete