Monday, March 28, 2011

A Love Song



You are the air I breathe

I'm desperate for you, I'm lost without you.

These lines sound like they come from a love song. And they do. But not just any love song, but a love song to my Creator. A love song to the One who loves me more than any earthly mortal could possibly love me. And while I can sing these words and sound (and truly feel) like I am mean them with all my heart, I can in no way match the tenderness and love He has in His heart for me. He has a love for me that is beyond anything that I can comprehend.  He is there at every turn, at every breath.

And yet, knowing that, why do I allow myself to stumble along as if I'm alone? Why do I worry and fret as if I'm the one in control and everything depends on me? Why do I insist on carrying today's burdens, worries and troubles by myself? Why do I ignore the hand He is holding out to me, the offer to carry me over the roughest places, hurting Him with my rejection?

And, yet, even though I have treated Him this way, He gently calls me again. And when, through the noise of my own troubledness, I finally hear Him, and reach for His hand, I feel safe again.

Isn't He beautiful,
Isn't He wonderful
Friend like no other to me.
(link)

Finding Heaven






6 comments:

  1. I find it so interesting that you use the image of His Hand because that has just been replaying over and over in my life. And yet, I still don't hand it over, really. This inspires me to do it -- tonight and for real. So glad you linked up today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hurting him with my rejection, that line just pierced me straight through. I have been suffering with being rejected and know how painful that is, how can I in turn reject my ever-loving Father?

    ReplyDelete
  3. it never ceases to amaze me how common we all are? how often I find myself feeling this same way! and He brings me back around to His love for me and sends me back out again.
    I am so grateful for grace today...knowing I am broken and I always have a place to go for healing as I progress along in this journey. I LOVED reading your words of real...nice to meet you. I don't think I've been here before?
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. "...through the noise of my own troubledness..." This spoke to me. I so often get my own thoughts clammoring through my mind that I fail to hear the soft voice of God. I need to work on that. Thank you for putting words to my thoughts.

    Blessings,
    Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  5. Why do I allow myself to stumble along as if I am alone?

    I don't know! But, this is something I am trying to work on and I completely connected with.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These words I relate to: "...through the noise of my own troubledness, I finally hear Him...". Wonderful reminder and beautifully put!

    ReplyDelete