Monday, March 28, 2011

Same and Different

We've been talking a lot the last few weeks about the concepts of "same" and "different." One of the main ways we've been learning about this is through playing Flower Memory Match.

I printed these flower pictures from DLTK Kids and glued them on to white construction paper squares. It would have been nice to have something sturdier but that is all I had available at the time so that is what I used.

Each time a child turns over two cards I ask - Are they the same or different? And they really picked up the concepts quickely and are having a lot of fun at the same time.

Different




Same








Childhood 101

2 comments:

  1. I just love this great idea, Now I want to know how to teach my animals "Same/Different" game.

    ReplyDelete
  2. dwaynegillispie Shall I send you some cards? :-)

    ReplyDelete