Thursday, March 17, 2011

Thursday March 17, 2011

I'm tired tonight but it's a good tired. The kind of happy, satisfied tired that comes with a full day of blessings.

Michael was restless again last night and kept waking me up but I really didn't feel too tired today. It took two cups of coffee to get me started but then I was on a roll.

After morning chores and schoolwork we were able to go outside for awhile. When we came in for lunch we were treated to Austin's homemade pizza. He did a very good job with it.


The kids slept well, except for Michael. I thought maybe since he had a restless night last night he would take a good nap this afternoon but it didn't work that way. He fought sleep all the way through naptime and never did fall asleep.

We went back out after nap and snacks. The temperature was in the 60s and it smelled like Spring outside. The Spring Peepers were in full chorus all day. Doug and Austin worked on one lawn mower, Amanda took Michael for a ride on the other one, and the other kids played and explored and just enjoyed the afternoon.










Later Austin, Amanda and Michael went down to Grandma's house for the evening. Doug and I had a quiet evening here at home with the two kids who were here. Doug fixed one of the baby gates that broke today. I cleaned up the kitchen and did some laundry. It was just a nice simple quiet evening.

These simple days of blessing are such a gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment