Monday, April 30, 2012

The Simple Woman's Daybook - Monday April 30, 2012

For Today


Outside my window . . . today has been cloudy, sunny, cloudy, partly cloudy. It must be Spring.


I am thinking . . . that today has gone really smoothly, especially for a Monday.


I am thankful . . . for calm days like today.


In the kitchen . . . I made pizza sticks for lunch and a potato and sausage casserole for dinner. 


I am creating . . . still working on my second braided rug. Twenty to thirty minutes a day on a braided rug don't get me very far. But it's fun and every little bit counts.


I am going . . . This afternoon I took Michael to his physical therapy appointment. He was excited to go after missing last week because his therapist had to cancel the appointment. Later I'm going to pick a friend up from work and take her home. 




We are reading . . . during circle time this morning we read The Magic School Bus Plants Seeds: A Book About How Living Things Grow and Lady and the Tramp. Yesterday I started reading Minding Your Own Business by Raymond and  Dorothy Moore. I love this book and it's one I reread about once a year. The subtitle is A Common Sense Guide to Home Management and Industry. There are so many helpful ideas and sound principles in this book that it's worth rereading often. 




I am looking forward to . . . our vacation in two weeks. It's going to be an at home vacation but a change of pace will be really nice.


We are learning . . . our videos for circle time this week are - The Phonics Song, Numbers 123, Square, Triangle, Circle - Learning Shapes for Kids, and Birds Video for Kids


Our memory verse for this week is Proverbs 15:1 - A gentle answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger.




I am pondering . . .  Job's Redeemer


A favorite quote for today . . . Flowers don't worry about how they are going to bloom. They just open up and turn towards the light and that makes them beautiful. ~ Jim Carrey


One of my favorite things . . . green tea. I've been making a pitcher of it each morning and we've really been enjoying it.







A few plans for the rest of the week . . . it looks like a pretty quiet week. I'm hoping to get a lot of cleaning done and some more seeds planted in the garden.









No comments:

Post a Comment