Sunday, April 22, 2012

I Stood

We had a visiting speaker at church today who spoke three different times - once during the Sunday School hour, once during the worship hour and again this evening. He had so much to share with us and it's much more than I can share tonight. It will take a lot of thinking and sorting through although I do hope to share a lot of it here in time.

However, I do want to share a challenge that was giving to us tonight. This challenge was to choose two people each week that need Jesus in their lives and to spend at least a half hour each day praying for those people.

This looks like a lot to me. I'm not sure how to fit it in and yet I know I need to and I want to. More and more I am realizing the power of prayer. It has also been impressed more and more on me how important it is to reach those around us with the Good News of Jesus. It is the calling of every Christian and yet I fail so miserably at it. 

If we were willing to commit to this we were asked to stand. I sat while others around me stood. It felt like too big a commitment, it felt hard, it scared me. And yet the longer I sat the more I realized what a small sacrifice it really is to spend a half hour a day in prayer for others. In the end, I stood. 

I take this seriously and am committed to following through with it. I know God will provide the time and the wisdom to pray as He would have me pray. I also ask for the prayers of others as embark on this journey of prayer. And if any of you feel called to join me, I would love to hear from you.


ChangedByTheMaker.com












4 comments:

  1. Wow Rose, praying for others is a beautiful thing to commit to. I'm so glad that you accepted that commitment because like you, I believe so much in the power of prayer. And if sometimes you feel like something is too big for you to handle, remember that God wouldn't give you anything you wouldn't be able to handle. So that commitment may be big for you, but God believes in you so much!

    Thank you so much for sharing this post and for opening up your heart. Take care always and God bless! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such an excellent challenge. Half an hour in solid prayer can be hard, I find I'm much more productive when I write my prayers in a journal.

    Thanks so much for linking up : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for sharing your heart about this experience. It's a challenge for us all. Thanks for linking up with Make Life Meaningful Monday!

    ReplyDelete