Monday, April 16, 2012

The Simple Woman's Daybook - Monday April 16, 2012

For Today


Outside my window . . . on our morning walk I noticed there were more bugs flying around our heads than on previous walks.  I know it's getting to be that time of year but they were really bugging us (pun intended). And when we checked on the praying mantis nests, we found that, right on time, they had hatched.


 Now they can eat all those pesky little bugs that annoy us. I tried to get pictures of the baby praying mantises but they are still too small, plus they're really fast and jump away. I did manage to catch one and show it to the kids though.


When we got to the creek we found some beautiful pink flowers blooming. 




We also saw two rabbits while we were out today. One was really small but the other was full grown. 


I also stopped and took a couple pictures of the lettuce and carrots growing in the garden. 







Now, at 7:30 it is still 78 degrees. I think after CJ and Michael go to sleep I'll take some coffee and go sit on the front porch to write. 


I am thinking . . . 


I am thankful . . . that most of the smoke has cleared out of the air. It was really hazy and smoky here for awhile this afternoon because of mountain fires. I'm not sure if the wind has just shifted or the fires are out, but the air is much clearer here now.


In the kitchen . . . Pizza Sticks for lunch today.


 Amanda made dinner this evening since I was gone. 


I am creating . . . I worked on my braided rug for a little this afternoon. 


I am going . . . Michael had physical therapy this afternoon and I had to also stop at the bank, the pharmacy and the grocery store. Now that all my errands are out of the way I don't have to go anywhere tomorrow.


Around the house . . . CJ and Michael are going to sleep, Amanda is in her room, Doug is relaxing and Austin is cleaning the kitchen.


I am pondering . . . Strong Tower.


A favorite quote for today . . . The trouble with talking too fast is you may say something you haven't thought of yet. ~ Ann Landers




A few plans for the rest of the week . . . it looks like it's going to be a fairly laid back week. Church on Wednesday, SPCA sometime this week with Amanda. Other than those two things it's pretty quiet. 



1 comment: