Thursday, April 12, 2012

The Simple Woman's Daybook - Thursday April 12, 2012

For Today


Outside my Window . . . dark and 46 degrees. Today was a little warmer than yesterday and there were no snow flurries.


I am thinking . . . that we had a really good evening. A friend of our came over with three of her children. It had been awhile since we had seen them although we've texted each other a few times. So we had an evening of visiting and the kids enjoyed playing together. Doug also did some work on her van while she was here.


I am thankful . . . for the blessings of friends.


In the kitchen . . . Because I made two chicken and rice casseroles Tuesday I just had to put one in the oven today for an easy lunch. Dinner was a sausage, cabbage and onion stir fry, noodles and baked beans. This is one of Doug's favorite dinners. 


Recently I bought a whole bag of potatoes and then Sunday I was given more white potatoes and some sweet potatoes. I didn't want them to go bad before we used them all so today I diced and cooked about eight pounds of potatoes and then put them in the freezer for future use. I also diced and cooked the sweet potatoes and then mashed them and put them in the freezer as well. And I had some chicken broth in the that I had put in the refrigerator so that fat would come to the top and I could skim it off. I did that today and was able to put two containers of broth in the freezer.






I am going . . . I didn't have to go anywhere today and it was wonderful.


I am looking forward to . . . having our new kids come back tomorrow. We had three new kids start coming today - ages 1, 3, and 4. The three and four year old are only here an hour two in the morning and the baby stays all day. They did so well today and I know we are going to enjoy having them here with us. 


Around the house . . . Doug, CJ, Michael, Cayson and Mykalin are sleeping, Austin and Aaron are upstairs playing games on PS3, Amanda is in her room.


I am pondering . . . Shelter.


A favorite quote for today . . . You must weed your mind as you would weed your garden. ~ Terri Guillemets



1 comment: