Monday, April 9, 2012

The Simple Woman's Daybook - Monday April 9, 2012

For Today


Outside My Window . . . bright sunshine and lots of wind. We wore jackets for our walk to creek today because the wind made it feel cooler than the 62 degrees it was.



CJ wanted to measure how deep the water is in various spots.




This is one of Michael's favorite spots. He calls it the waterfall.



Cayson spent much of his time "fishing."





I am thankful . . . that I am able to do work I love. It's a blessing to get up in the morning and be excited about the day ahead.


I the kitchen . . . Since I was gone this morning Amanda made lunch. She decided to make chicken patties, macaroni and cheese, and corn. For dinner this evening I made baked chicken, scalloped potatoes and Cheesy Squash Bake. 




I am creating . . . an herb garden. Doug brought this big crate home from work that I'm going to use to plant my herb seeds in.






I am going . . . CJ and I had two appointments this morning at Valley Community Services Board. We left around 10 this morning and got back around 12:30. Thank you Karen, for staying with the kids while we were gone.


I am wondering . . . what I want to make tomorrow. I have several things in mind - dandelion syrup, granola, blueberry dump cake - but haven't decided yet which one or two it will be.


I am reading . . . Here is one blog post I enjoyed today - Kitchen Herb Garden. 




I am looking forward to . . .hearing the Special Olympics Choir sing at church this Sunday.




Around the house. . . I'm sitting with CJ and Michael while they fall asleep, Doug is working on our taxes, Austin is cleaning up the kitchen,and Amanda is in her room.


I am pondering . . .Moving Forward With the Gift of Easter.


A favorite quote for today . . . We cannot live only for ourselves. A thousand fibers connect us with our fellow men. ~ Herman Melville




A few plans for the rest of the week . . . Tomorrow evening Michael has physical therapy and and Wednesday evening we have church. Other than that it's a fairly quiet week. 


A peek into my day . . . This is from yesterday but I forgot about it when I was doing yesterday's post. Poor Michael got his pant leg caught in his bike chain and Doug had such a hard time getting it loose. He did finally manage it but we had to pull Michael off the bike and leave his pants there until Doug could get them loose.







3 comments:

  1. Lovely protography.M touched with each and every pic... I liked your blog..Happy to follow you dear.Do visit my blog in your free time.
    http://www.foodydelight.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just seeing those pictures of the kids makes me relax. How fun to just hang out with the magic of water.

    I remember I used to get my pants legs caught in my bicycle too. ha. Haven't thought about that in awhile.

    Love the Melville quote. Yes, we are so connected with SO many people, more than we probably can even imagine, in small and large ways.

    Thanks for sharing your Daybook!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoy seeing the photos of the children's activities and reading about your day....lunch sounds wonderful.
    Mama Bear

    ReplyDelete