Wednesday, April 25, 2012

The Simple Woman's Daybook - Wednesday April 25, 2012

For Today


Outside my window . . . 57 degrees and dark. I loved having warmer weather today and tomorrow will be even warmer.


I thinking . . . that it's been a very busy week so far.


 I am thankful . . . that I don't have to go anywhere tomorrow.


In the kitchen . . . sandwiches for lunch and dinner at church this evening.


I am creating . . . I worked on my second braided rug for awhile this afternoon. I love seeing all the colors go together as I braid and sew. I do not love sore fingertips but I can't seem to get the hang of using a thimble when I sew. 








I am going . . . I went to church this evening. I had ten five and six year old in class this evening but it went well. I also have a wonderful helper and that makes all the difference in the world.


I am wondering . . . if Austin has pink eye. His right eye has been getting redder all day and now it's starting to move into his left eye. I guess if it's not better by morning I'll have to call the doctor.


I am hoping . . . That he does not have pink eye.


 I am looking forward to . . . eating lettuce from the garden soon. I got a handful of radishes from the garden today and ate them all for a snack. I also hoed five rows in the garden while I was out with the kids this morning. 






We are learning . . . about nature. On our morning walk we saw some deer tracks in the soft ground.





This afternoon Lauren and Khristian found a slimy slug that they enjoyed watching.







In his workbook Michael has finished the section on same and different and started working on the section about rhyming words.


Around the house . . . it's very quiet. Everyone but me is either asleep or doing something quiet in their room.


A favorite quote for today . . . He is rich or poor according to what he is, not according to what he has. ~ Henry Ward Beecher


A peek into my day . . . Here Michael is trying to hook the trailer up to his bicycle.










2 comments:

  1. I love the trailer and bike pictures. Ah, the creativity of a child.

    I do hope Austin doesn't have pink eye, but it could also be allergies. My eyes look horrid after my allergies start. It ends up becoming conjunctivitis. I was told they do not treat it any longer. They only provide meds if it becomes a constant problem. Anyway, docs may be different where you are. Try Zatador drops. They work the best for me. They are awesome and I won't use anything else. It controls the itching, therefore curbing the desire to rub them. The rubbing makes them turn red.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE that little rug! I think you can tell the difference between pink eye and allergies by lifting the eyelid. If it is red under the eyelid, it is pink eye. If not, it is allergies b/c it only affects the part usually out in the air. (Not a doctor, just heard this from my doctor ages ago. Helps to know when to bring them in!)

    ReplyDelete