credit: Michelle Meiklejohn
1.To those who have obtained like precious faith with us by the righteousness of our God and Savior Jesus Christ: 2. Grace and peace be multiplied to you in the knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord,
3. as His divine power has given to us all things that pertain to life and godliness, to the knowledge of Him who called by glory and virtue,
4. by which have been given to us exceedingly great and precious promises, that through these you may be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.
5. But also for this very reason, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue, to virtue knowledge,
6. to knowledge self-control, to self-control perseverance, to perseverance godliness,
7. to godliness brotherly kindness, and to brotherly kindness love.8. For it these things are yours and abound, you will be neither barren nor unfruitful in knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.
9. For he who lacks these things is shortsighted, even to blindness, and has forgotten that he was cleansed from his old sins.
~2 Peter 1:1-9