Friday, April 13, 2012

The Simple Woman's Daybook - Friday, April 13, 2012

For Today

Outside my Window . . . it was so nice to have warmer weather return today after a few days of temperatures in the 50s. The kids were happy to spend lots of time outside today.








I am thankful . . . that the carrots that I had decided were not going to come up finally decided to show themselves today. 

In the kitchen . . . we had leftovers for lunch and a Chef's Salad and cake for dinner. 

We are going . . . today I took Lauren to and from preschool and stopped at the grocery store for a few things. Other than that I was home all day. Austin and Aaron went with some others from church to help someone move, and they went out for pizza for lunch afterwards. Then when Doug came home he took Aaron, Austin, Mykalin and Michael with him while he went to mow a friend's yard. 



I am looking forward to . . . the weekend. I am very tired tonight but it's a satisfied kind of tired. 


Around the house . . . CJ and Michael are sleeping, Aaron and Austin are playing games on PS3, Mykalin is reading, Doug and Amanda are both using their computers. 

I am pondering . . . Grace and Redemption

A favorite quote for today . . . The larger the island of knowledge, the longer the shoreline of wonder. ~ Ralph W. Sockman


A few plans for the rest of the week . . . tomorrow Doug is planning to work on our Pastor's lawnmowers so they will be ready for the summer. I'm planning to go with Amanda to SPCA tomorrow afternoon to work with the animals. Hopefully I'll get to do some work in the garden as well. I'm sure we'll have the kids outside as much as possible. 

A peek into my day . . . Michael insisted on carrying an umbrella around with him today . . . 



. . . even though we had a beautiful blue sky overhead. Maybe it was just too sunny for him.



3 comments:

  1. I look forward to reading more about your garden. It sounds so fun. Your property is so big! Or so it seems. Your kids seem to have a lot of fun on it using their imaginations.

    I had a bit of trouble reading a section of your blog. An ad on the left side blocks the text on you post. Just thought I would let you know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We own an acre of land. The creek we walk to is actually on our neighbors farm land and he allows us to walk back there and enjoy it. We are hearing, though, that the land will soon be up for sale and are praying that a way will be made for us to buy it.

      Delete
  2. Rose, the weather is splendid! It is so wonderful that the children can spend time outdoors. Lots of sunshine is good for the soul.

    Blessings,

    Gina

    ReplyDelete