Friday, April 27, 2012

The Simple Woman's Daybook - Friday April 27, 2012

For Today

Outside my window . . . Today has been a beautiful sunny day. I love all the wildflowers and grasses growing in the fields and meadows around our house.






I am thankful . . . for all the wonderful people in my life - family, friends, kids and online friends. 


I am going . . . taking Lauren to and from preschool, making a stop at the grocery store and taking my friend Jennifer to and from work today are what I'll be out and about doing. 

I am wondering . . . if I really grasp how very blessed I am to live in a country full of opportunity and freedom. Yes, we are facing challenges, but we are also still blessed beyond measure. 


Around the house . . . Doug and Michael have gone to do some yard work at our pastor's house, CJ, Mykalin and Cayson are playing in the playroom, Amanda is in her room, and Aaron and Austin are upstairs playing video games. Dinner is ready and we are waiting for Doug and Michael to come home so we can eat. 


A favorite quote for today . . . Maybe a person's time would be as well spent raising food as raising money to buy food. ~ Frank A. Clark

One of my favorite things. . . bread machines. I love the convenience of being able to put the ingredients in the machine and having a fresh loaf of bread. And there are so many wonderful recipes to choose from.  I really need to order the paddle for mine - it disappeared and I can't find it anywhere.



A few plans for the rest of the week . . . tomorrow Amanda's cat has vet appointment and she also has her volunteer time at the SPCA. I'm sure CJ and Michael will want to go to the store. Austin has a friend coming over this evening and staying the night and then on Sunday he's planning to go to another friend's house. 





4 comments:

  1. Beautiful scenery around your house... and plans for the week... I'm impressed. I've always been more of a pantser than a planner.

    Catch My Words
    http://joycelansky.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very serene and beautiful. Sounds like you have lots to keep you busy!! Have a great weekend!

    www.whatjeanlikes.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a beautiful view!

    My wife (Annette)http://continuedwonder.blogspot.com/ has started another blog page where she likes to do, book reviews, tid bits of family insight, pictures she sees and snaps that make her and maybe even you smile and lastly she loves to do giveaways as her sweet heart loves to bless and encourage others. Thank you (Annettes husband) Rodney http://continuedwonder.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. II I love my bread machine, too. I'm on my second one, having worn out the first one.


    I so agree with you that we are so blessed to live in a country where we are free to do what we think best. Thank you, Lord!

    ReplyDelete