Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Morning Musing Over Coffee - Our Firm Foundation

credit: Michelle Meiklejohn

READ
For no one can lay any foundation other than the one already laid, which is Jesus Christ. ~ 1 Corinthians 3:

EXAMINE
Jesus Christ is a foundation that is sure and solid. There is nothing else that we can build our lives on and know for sure that it will stand the test of time, and still be there after the storms of life have blown through. 

APPLY
I remember the morning of 9/11 as I sat and watched the incredibly horrifying events unfolding one thing kept running through my mind. It was this line from a song "On Christ the solid rock I stand, all other ground is sinking sand." I've often thought of this since, when times were uncertain. It is such a wonderful privilege to know we have Jesus as our Rock and our Firm Foundation.

PRAY
Heavenly Father, Thank You so much for the foundation I know I have through Jesus. Help me to always remember to stand on that foundation no matter what is going on around me. In Jesus Name, Amen.

1 comment:

  1. On Christ the Solid Rock I stand...ALL other ground is sinking sand, all other ground is sinking sand. For sure!

    ReplyDelete