Friday, April 6, 2012

Morning Musing Over Coffee - Love That Will Not Let Me Go




credit: Michelle Meiklejohn


This is how we know what love is: Jesus Christ laid down His life for us. And we ought to lay down our lives for our brothers and sisters.  ~ 1 John 3:16

Reading this verse reminded of this beautiful song we sang often as I was growing up. What a beautiful love He has extended to us, and what a privilege to be able to extend a measure of that love to others. And when we truly give Him our lives we find they become so much more than we could ever have imgained.

Oh, love that will not let me go
I rest my weary soul in thee
I give you back this life I owe
And in your ocean depths it's flow
may richer, fuller be.


2 comments:

  1. This is my first visit to your blog but I'll be back often. You have created a lovely spot to visit and I really enjoyed the time I spent here. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much. I'm looking forward to seeing you here often.

    ReplyDelete