Friday, April 6, 2012

The Simple Woman's Daybook - Friday April 6, 2012

For Today


Outside my window . . . sunny and 56 degrees.


I am thankful . . . that it's Friday.


In the kitchen . . . I made French Toast Sticks for the freezer this morning. 




Since I opened a can of pumpkin to use for the French Toast Sticks but only needed a half cup of it, I used the rest of the pumpkin in the can for Country Pumpkin Muffins.




This recipe made 24 muffins. We're having some with the Shepherd's Pie CJ is made for dinner this evening and the rest are going in the freezer.






I am going . . . nowhere today. And loving it!


I am learning . . . that when I am in the middle of mixing up muffins and discover I have run out of baking powder, there is a substitute - 2 parts cream of tarter and 1 part baking soda.


Around the house . . . Austin is cleaning up the kitchen, Amanda is folding laundry, and CJ and Michael are picking up in the living room and playroom. 


I am pondering . . . Love That Will Not Let Me Go


A favorite quote for today . . . 
The head that once was crowned with thorns
Is crowned with glory now.
~Thomas Kelley



A few plans for the rest of the week . . . Tomorrow will be busy with Doug going to the men's prayer breakfast and then church workday, Austin helping fill and hide eggs for the children's Easter egg hunt at church, Michael taking part in the Easter egg hunt in the afternoon, and me having to be at church at 9AM to practice for the Passion Play that we're putting on twice Sunday morning. 


A peak into my day . . . Michael and Austin emptying the dishwasher together.






CJ working on a wood project.




Michael cleaning out the bowl after I made muffins. I love his  "Why are you taking my picture again?" look in the second picture.






2 comments:

  1. Yum! Homemade french toast sticks!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rose, I love these peeks into your life and kitchen. You have a lovely family and those boys - big and little - are fine looking :-). I hope you have a wonderful weekend. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete