Sunday, April 22, 2012

Morning Musing Over Coffee - Eternal, Abundant Life

credit: Michelle Meiklejohn


READ
"I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one shall snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Father's hand. I and the Father are one."
~John 10:28-30

EXAMINE
The Christian has the assurance that they have eternal life with Jesus. We are given to Jesus by the Father, and no one can take us away from Him. 

APPLY
This is an awesome assurance from Jesus that takes away any fear of eternity. Not only do we not have to fear eternity, neither do we have fear anything that happens to us in this world either. The eternal life we are given begins, not after we die, but now. John 10:10 says "The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly." Now, I simply have to step out in faith knowing that I am His and He has given me all I need for that abundant life. 

PRAY
Heavenly Father, thank You so much for this abundant life that has been given to me. Thank You that no one can take that eternal, abundant life away from me. In Jesus Name, Amen.

2 comments: