Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Sunday Rituals


Guest written by our friend Clara Castro

Almost every Sunday after church I drive a short and easy twenty-five minutes to visit my parents in my hometown. My mom cooks lunch and sometimes my brother and his family, who live behind my parents, stop in to eat. My brother and father own a furniture refinishing business and it has been good for them to work together. My dad is a retired banker. This is his second career, which is really more of a hobby but he and my brother stay busy with work, so it has been profitable. There are usually golf tournaments on television on Sundays and my dad and I like to watch them onDIRECT TV. That is a Sunday bonding thing for us. We discuss our favorite players and the shots being made and golf in general. Before my dad comes in from his shop to watch the tournament, I am watching the Food Networkwith mom and helping her get lunch on the table. Her biscuits are better than anyone else’s on the planet – especially when buttered hot!

No comments:

Post a Comment