Tuesday, April 3, 2012

The Simple Woman's Daybook - Tuesday April 3, 2012

For Today


Outside my window . . . sunny and 76 degrees. Doug just mowed the grass so it smells summery.  We spent a lot of time outside this afternoon.












I am thinking . . . that if I don't stop pulling the radish plants up to check if they're growing radishes yet, I won't have any radishes to eat.


I am thankful . . . that I was able to grocery shopping this morning and buy most of our groceries for the month. I'll need to get milk, fresh veggies and odds and ends during the month but hopefully not a big grocery shopping. 


In the kitchen . . . The shelves, refrigerator and freezer are all restocked and Amanda and Austin are doing the cooking. 


I am creating . . . I am working on my second braided rug.


I am going . . . nowhere the rest of the day. Grocery shopping was enough for me.


I am looking forward to . . . a busy rest of the week. 


Around the house . . . Austin is working on cleaning out the shed (he's making good progress on it too), Amanda is making dinner and Michael is annoying her, CJ is doing something with his MP3 player, and Doug is working in the garage.


I am pondering . . . Unashamed.




A favorite quote for today . . . Fear knocked at the door. Faith answered. And lo, no one was there. ~ Author Unknown




A few plans for the rest of the week . . . Wednesday evening we have church as usual. Thursday evening we have a love feast at church. Saturday there are also activities at church  for Easter - a grounds cleanup day and also an Easter egg hunt for the younger children.


A peak into my day . . . It's been a good day and I am so aware of how blessed I am. 



2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed reading about your day...and I copied the Dandelion Bread recipe.
    Thanks,
    Mama Bear

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you enjoy the Dandelion Bread. We certainly like it. :-)

    ReplyDelete