Thursday, April 5, 2012

Morning Musing Over Coffee - Truth




credit: Michelle Meiklejohn


How many legs does a dog have if you call the tail a leg? Four. Calling a tail a leg doesn't make it a leg. 
~ Abraham Lincoln

I laughed when I read this but really, but far too often we try to think this way. We don't like the way things are so we try to call it something different. We want the dog to have an extra leg so we pretend the tail is a leg too. 

But saying things are different then they are doesn't change reality. And until we face the truth we can never move forward in the life God is giving us. 

 Sometimes times we need the truth so we can change our way of thinking. Other times we need to face the truth so that we can make outward changes. Sometimes we need the truth so that it can free us from negative things we think about ourselves that are so different from the way God sees us. Regardless of the situation, truth is vital for a positive outcome. 

Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long. 
~ Psalm 25:5

For the law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ. ~ John 1:17

But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what they have done has been done in the sight of God ~ John 3:21

Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.” ~ John 8:32

Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.
~ John 14:6







10 comments:

  1. Living in the light of truth, accepting it, is the best way to live. Denial gets you nowhere fast. Love that quote. Nice to meet you through Thought Provoking Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sin in any other name - is still sin. Good post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of my favorites on truth: Sanctify them in the truth; Your word is truth. John 17:17

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a wonderful verse. Thank you for sharing it here.

      Delete
  4. Amen!!! I think it's hard for so many of us to admit the truth about ourselves or how we feel and God wants us to honestly love him and live authentic lives and endeavor to be like Jesus even though we fall short. How lucky are we to be blessed by the Lord and to know Him and be saved?! Great post. I needed to read this!!! I love the Bible because it helps give perspective and keep you in check when things get tough. Lately I've been reading Job and thinking, "jean what are you complaining about?" So inspirational. God bless!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your insightful comment. I know when I think of Job I soon realize how little I really have to complain about.

      Delete