Friday, April 13, 2012

Morning Musing Over Coffee - Grace and Redemption

credit: Michelle Meiklejohn


READ


For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, being  justified freely by His grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus. ~ Romans 3: 23-24


EXAMINE


I am convinced that one of the key words in the verse is ALL. All - that means every one of us. That leaves no room for pride for me. It also means no one else can try to say they are better than me. We have all sinned.


But - we do not have to stay there in that sinful state. Through Jesus we have justified. And at no cost to us, because nothing we could done would have been enough. We are justified through the blood Jesus shed for us. 


Once again the playing field has been leveled. Not one of us has a chance of justifying ourselves, we must all come through Jesus and accept the pardon He extends to us. 


APPLY 


So how does this apply to me personally? This means I am free to live in the grace He has extended to me, moving forward in the plan He has for my life, knowing He loves me the same way He loves you and everyone else in the world. This in turn brings glory to Him, pointing others to this awesome free gift of grace and forgiveness.


PRAY


Thank You Jesus for this gift of grace and forgiveness. Thank you for the loving me. I pray that your love and grace would flow through me to all those around me so that they too can find You. In Jesus name, Amen.

2 comments:

  1. Grace and forgiveness are key ingredients to successful parenting, too. It is such a learning process. Our Daddy in Heaven is an awesome example.

    ReplyDelete