Thursday, April 19, 2012

The Simple Woman's Daybook - Thursday, April 19, 2012

For Today


Outside my window . . . cool and getting dark. 


I am thinking . . . of a community family whose house burned down Monday afternoon. They have three kids and have lost nearly everything. It happened so fast but the mother was able to get the two kids who were home and the two dogs out of the house. I am proud though, of how the church and the community is pulling together to help them through this tough time. 


I am thankful . . . rainy days like yesterday that provide water for the garden. 


In the kitchen . . . leftovers for lunch. I was going to make cauliflower crust pizza for dinner but at the last minute we made other plans instead. 


I am going . . . CJ was the only child home this evening so Doug, CJ and I went to McDonald's and then did a little shopping. I needed some shirts and was happy to find some at good prices. 


I am reading . . . Top Time Management Secrets to Know at A Holy Experience, The Internal Battle on Both Sides of the Religious Fence at Single Dad Laughing are a couple of blogs posts that I found very interesting today.


I am hoping . . . that this sore throat goes away soon.


I am looking forward to . . . the weekend. 


Around the house . . . it is very quiet because three of the kids are at Grandma's house. They will be home soon though, so it won't be quiet for long. 


I am pondering . . . Darkness Into Light


A favorite quote for today . . . Start by doing what's necessary; then do what's possible; and suddenly you're doing the impossible. ~ Francis of Assisi




A peek into my day . . . the first radishes from the garden that I pulled up today.





1 comment:

  1. Lovely post dear.
    Do visit my blog in your free time.
    www.foodydelight.com

    ReplyDelete