Tuesday, April 17, 2012

The Simple Woman's Daybook - Tuesday April 17,2012

For Today


Outside my window . . . 72 degrees and sunny. 


I am thinking . . . that the chicken baking in the oven smells wonderful!


I am thankful . . . for good days like today.


In the kitchen . . . leftovers for lunch. Baked chicken, mashed potatoes and gravy and broccoli with cheese sauce for dinner. 


I am going . . . I didn't have to go anywhere today and have enjoyed having the whole day at home. 


I am reading . . . The Relationship Between Multipotentiality and Education on Puttylike


We are learning . . . about nature. We checked out some vines today that look like they may be grapevines. We'll watch these mature and see what they are.





We also checked out some little bugs that I grew up calling spit bugs but one of the names I found online was froghopper which actually sounds cuter. These little bugs surround themselves with frothed up plant sap to deter predators and to provide climate control. This isn't a great picture but the white in the center is the home of one of these little creatures. 




Around the house . . . Doug is putting away his equipment after mowing a yard, CJ, Amanda and Michael are picking toys up out of the yard and putting them away since we're supposed to get rain tonight. Austin is working on cleaning out the shed. 


I am pondering . . . Jabez Prays


A favorite quote for today . . . Teamwork divides the task and multiplies the success. ~ Author Unknown.


A peak into my day . . .





3 comments:

  1. Your day sounds delightful. That book sounds very serious! My children all loved bugs of any kind and we spent many hours investigating them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That little one is a cutie pa tootie. Glad to hear your nature walks go so well. I look forward to doing that with the kids in VA.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an adorable photo. Thanks for sharing your day with SWDB.

    ReplyDelete