Tuesday, March 20, 2012

The Simple Woman's Daybook - Tuesday March 20, 2012

For Today

Outside my window . . . a beautiful Spring day!

I am thankful . . . that most of my bloodwork from last week came back really good. The only poor result was my vitamin D level is about half what it should be. The doctor said this could be causing the bone/joint pain, muscle weakness, and fatigue that I've been feeling. So she put me on prescription strength vitamin D for 12 weeks and then we'll reevaluate.

In the kitchen . . . spaghetti for dinner.


I am going . . . today I had my doctors appointment and after that had to go to the social security office for some paperwork.


I am hoping . . . that there will be lots of blackberries on these bushes later.






I am looking forward to .  .  . yummy blackberry dishes.

We are learning . . . about nature. We looked at lots of things on the beautiful spring day.

We looked at the lettuce seedlings coming up.



Praying mantis nests that will be hatching soon. We'll be keeping an eye on these.




A lovely, slimy slug!



We watched this Robin hopping around in the garden looking for worms before it flew up to sit on this fence post.


Around the house . . . Austin is working on cleaning out the shed, Michael and CJ just finished cleaning up the playroom and livingroom, Amanda is setting the table for dinner and Doug is looking through the AMSOIL dealers starter kit that he got today.


A favorite quote for today . . . Excellence is not a skill. It is an attitude. ~ Ralph Marston

A few plans for the rest of the week . . . we will be going to church activities the next two evenings.

A peak into my day . . . CJ helped me move our outdoor play kitchen to a new location.






Then, since the daycare kids had all gone home, Michael had gone with Doug to fix a friends car, and Amanda and Austin were busy I thought it would be a good time to go for a walk with CJ. So we walked back to the creek and looked around. He was really into taking pictures today so he took quite a few while we were back there.





1 comment:

  1. I love your daybook with all the pictures. It really gives me a look into your life. Glad to hear that the doctor found the vitamin D deficiency. I pray that it helps you to feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete