Friday, March 30, 2012

Morning Musing Over Coffee - I am Glad


 
 
This is the day which the LORD hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it. ~Psalm 118:24



Opportunities fly by while we sit regretting the chances we have lost, and the happiness that comes to us we heed not, because of the happiness that is gone. ~Jerome K. Jerome, The Idle Thoughts of an Idle Fellow, 1889


It is often said - yesterday is gone, tomorrow is not here, but I have today. Today is a gift given to me by God. And no matter what has happened before, I do not want today to be a day I regret tomorrow, because I did not open the gifts the it holds.
What a tragedy if I regret today tomorrow because I spent today regretting yesterday.

So today I am glad to be alive, glad to feel the wind on my face, see the blue of the sky or feel the raindrops on my face. I am glad for the people in my life who love me and show it in so many ways. I am glad for walks in the meadow, wildflowers, bird songs, seedlings in the garden. I am glad for meaningful work and rest at night. And I am glad for Jesus who loves me no matter what else is going on around me.


What are you glad for today? I'd love it if you let us know in the comments so we can all be glad together.





1 comment:

  1. I am glad to be the Father's gift to the Son - John 17: 6.

    ReplyDelete