Thursday, March 22, 2012

The Simple Woman's Daybook - Thursday March 22, 2012

For Today

Outside my window . . . 67 degrees and dark. According to the forecast the temperature will be going up into the low 80s tomorrow. In the garden the peas, lettuce and radishes are loving this warm weather. None of the carrots I've planted have come up yet though.

I am thinking . . . about the interesting evening we had learning about the significance of the various portions of the Passover meal. My church hosted a Passover meal this evening that was led by a Messianic Jew. I had hoped to get a lot of pictures so that I could show it in detail but wasn't able to. It did inspire me to do a little more research and maybe have one here at home with the kids next year.

I am thankful . . . for a wonderful church family.

In the kitchen . . . the kids and I made two loaves of Dandelion Bread today. It was delicious and one loaf is already gone. I loved it warm from the oven with butter and honey! I'll be writing about it and posting the recipe tomorrow.




I am going . . . to bed soon.

I am hoping . . . that Austin has a good weekend. He is going with the church youth group to Acquire the Fire and will be gone from Friday evening to Sunday afternoon.

I am looking forward to . . . Sunday. Doug and I will become members of the church we have been attending and that has become such an important part of our lives.

We are learning . . . Michael read his first book today. I think I was more excited than he was. I was so proud of him sounding out the words and really truly reading.

We looked at spider webs this morning when we were out for our walk. At first the kids were really squeamish about them. But after we looked closely at them and talked about them they weren't so bad after all. Lauren and Khristian even got up the nerve to reach out and touch them a little but Michael wasn't willing to go quite that far.








Austin started watching the video series on Noek12 about Laws of Motion and also began the Ordered Pairs section on Math Live. Amanda began the Multiplication series on NeoK12 today.


Around the house . . . It is calm and quiet.

I am pondering . . . The Full Armor of God.

A favorite quote for today . . . Swallow your pride occasionally. It's non-fattening. ~ Author Unknown


A peek into my day . . . Amanda found this little tree frog in our mudroom when she was cleaning today. She showed it to the kids and then turned it loose beside the house.






1 comment:

  1. What great fun you had looking at spider webs. The little frog is cute. I think I would have freaked out big time if he had walked under foot. Eww! I stepped on a crab one time. It was quarter sized and had escaped from my husband's fish tank. Let's just say I don't like crunching things under foot.

    ReplyDelete