Saturday, March 24, 2012

The Simple Woman's Daybook - Saturday March 24, 2012

For Today

Outside my window . . . Thunderstorms are moving through the area at the moment. I love thunderstorms!

I am thinking . . .that this was a very busy, very fun day.

I am thankful . . .for the rain we are having today. I'm just imagining the plants in the garden soaking it up.

In the kitchen . . .So many things! My sister brought us ten dozen eggs yesterday so today I've been cooking with those. I baked bread this morning and made egg salad and we had sandwiches for lunch.





 I also made Homemade Egg Noodles and cooked them with chicken broth and added the leftover chicken from dinner last night.

And we tried something else with dandelions. Fried Dandelion Blossoms. CJ and Doug Helped me pick the blossoms this afternoon.



I then cleaned and washed them, dipped them in a cornmeal batter, and fried them.


Doug, Michael and I liked them. CJ tried them but didn't like them. Amanda wouldn't even try them.

I am wearing . . .orange and white shirt, brown pants, and white socks.

I am going . . .home for the day now, but this afternoon Amanda and I went to the SPCA and worked with the animals there. We had fun and I met a little Chihuahua that I really, really wanted to bring home, but I know we just can't handle another animal right now. She was such a little sweetie though.



And here are some of the other animals we enjoyed today.




The views from some of the areas where we get to the walk the dogs are gorgeous and I couldn't resist getting a few pictures.



Around the house . . .Michael and CJ are sleeping, Doug is getting ready to go to bed and Amanda is in her room.


A favorite quote for today . . . Anyone who says sunshine brings happiness has never danced in the rain. ~Author Unknown



A peek into my day . . . this is what Doug and the kids were doing when Amanda and I left this afternoon.



No comments:

Post a Comment