Friday, March 23, 2012

The Simple Woman's Daybook - Friday March 23, 2012

For Today

Outside my window . . . me. I'm sitting outside as I type this. It is sunny and 78 degrees.

I am thinking . . . that I really like this weather. I'm sitting in the sunshine trying to soak up lots of Vitamin D.

I am thankful . . . that all the kids are playing so happily together.

In the kitchen . . . chicken baking in the oven for dinner. Amanda is making macaroni and cheese and cooking some corn for dinner as well.

I am wearing . . . pink shirt, dark blue pants, and white socks.

I am going . . . I feel like I've been going all day and I'm ready to stay home now. This morning I took Lauren to preschool, went to the grocery store, the laundromat, the pharmacy, the bank, back to the laundromat, home, back to get Lauren, back home and then took Austin to church to meet the youth group for their weekend trip.

I am wondering . . . If Austin is having fun. He left around 1:00 this afternoon on a youth trip. For some reason I was thinking they were leaving at 6:00 this evening. So I was in a bit of a panic when the youth leader called at 12:24 and said they were waiting for Austin. From the time I got his call to the time I pulled out of the driveway was 14 minutes. In that time I hurried the kids up from the creek, told Austin what was going on, and helped him throw his things together. Amanda got the little kids in the van and buckled for me. Thankfully we live within ten minutes of the church.

I am hoping . . . to get to go to the thrift store this weekend.

I am looking forward to . . . the weekend.

We are learning . . . Michael finished the shapes section of his workbook yesterday and today we started with patterns.

Around the house . . . Doug is mowing, Amanda is cooking, CJ, Michael, Destiny, Landon and Kaleb are playing out here in the yard awith me.

A favorite quote for today . . . Maybe we should develop a Crayola bomb as our next secret weapon. A happiness weapon. A beauty bomb. And every time a crisis developed, we would launch one. It would explode high in the air - explode softly - and send thousands, millions, of little parachutes into the air. Floating down to earth - boxes of Crayolas. And we wouldn't go cheap, either - not little boxes of eight. Boxes of sixty-four, with the sharpener built right in. With silver and gold and copper, magenta and peach and lime, amber and umber and all the rest. And people would smile and get a little funny look on their faces and cover the world with imagination. ~Robert Fulghum

A few plans for the rest of the week . . . go with Amanda to the SPCA to volunteer, gardening, and I'm really not sure yet what else.

A peek into my day . . . here the kids are watching the turtles.




1 comment:

  1. Take a break. I don't like running around either. I like a bit of it for a change of scenery, but too much gets to you.

    Enjoy your supper...I'm going to bed. Say hello to the family. (Not that I know them.)

    ReplyDelete