Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Morning Musing Over Coffee - His Strength





There are twelve hours in the day, and above fifty in the night. ~Marie de Rabutin-Chantal

I have to say this seems about right when I've spent the night with a very restless five year old crying out in his sleep and kicking me. Of course, the fact that he woke up around six this morning and snuggled up to me saying "I love you, Mommy" made me forgive him. But I'm still tired.

It's on days like this, when I'm dragging after a night of very little sleep and drinking cup after cup of coffee that this verse runs through my mind on repeat.


I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. ~ Philippians 4:13

7 comments:

  1. True promise. Blessings on your day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a go to verse for moms! Cling to it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It truly is. And He is true to His promise of giving strength.

      Delete
  3. You can do all things through Christ! You are doing well. It is so hard to not get so upset and discouraged when you are short on sleep. I will admit, I got plenty of sleep last night, but I still messed up with my words and actions this morning. I grunted at my 7 year old's "good morning" and then pushed my hubby away when he came to me for a good morning hug and kiss. I wonder how I can continuously mess up and be forgiven.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Forgiveness is such a wonderful gift. I'm not a morning person often not very receptive too bright good mornings and hugs, although I try move past my own grumpiness. I know exactly what you're talking about.

      Delete
  4. it has been many years for me but I still remember. Praying you are strengthened through out your day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not a morning person too so I would understand.

    AMEN!
    Les
    LPN Programs

    ReplyDelete