Thursday, March 1, 2012

Morning Musing Over Coffee - The Strength of My Heart



  "My flesh and my heart fail; But God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.” Psalm 73:26


Yes, my flesh and my heart do fail, often, but I do not have to stay in, or continue to live in a state of failure. Because I do not have to live in the power of my own flesh and heart. The second half of this verse is such a blessing and so true.


But God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.


When God is my strength I continue to step out in victory. The things I see around me that may seem like trouble are completely overshadowed by the presence, power and love of God. And because of this I live the life described by the Psalmist in Psalm 23.


 The Lord is my shepherd;
I shall not want.
2 He makes me to lie down in green pastures;
He leads me beside the still waters.
3 He restores my soul;
He leads me in the paths of righteousness
For His name’s sake.


4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil;
For You are with me;
Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.
5 You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies;
You anoint my head with oil;
My cup runs over.
6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me
All the days of my life;
And I will dwell in the house of the Lord
Forever.


No comments:

Post a Comment