Monday, March 12, 2012

An Hour of Sunshine, Flowers and Fun


 Between morning grocery shopping and preschool drop off/pickup and afternoon schoolwork and physical therapy appointment, Amanda, Michael, Lauren and I got to spend almost an hour outside enjoying the beautiful sunny warm weather today.


Michael, Lauren and I walked around the yard and looked for little wildflowers and for buds on the trees.





Strange as it may seem, I was excited to see that the dandelions are starting to bloom.



And why am I happy to see these "weeds"?

 Because I want to try  my hand at making some Dandy Muffins and Bread, Dandelion Jelly, Fried Dandelion Blossoms, and Dandelion Gravy.

Michael tried to climb a tree but didn't get very far.


We found an empty birds nest in a tree . . .


. . . and a ladybug on the ground.


 Amanda watered the rows where I planted seeds Saturday. I'm in a hurry to see little green shoots instead of plain old brown dirt.



Michael, Lauren and I walked across the field to see the cattle. There were some very cute little calves out there.




After a run back across the field . . .





. . . they both collapsed on the ground because they were so "tired".


I took this as my cue to announce it was storytime and then naptime.

But this hour of sunshine and fun was such blessing in the middle of a busy day.

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful time outside! I love the pictures that capture spring. The kids look like they had a great time. My husband said our house there in VA has been overrun with ladybugs (inside). I don't mind the lady bugs. I want them around when it's garden time.

    ReplyDelete