Sunday, March 25, 2012

The Simple Woman's Daybook - Sunday March 26, 2012

For Today

Outside my window . . . it has been a very gray and rainy day. I keep thinking how much the garden is loving this.

I am thinking . . . that this weekend went by very quickly.

I am thankful . . . that today Doug and I became official members of the church we've been attending and becoming increasingly more active in. I love the feeling of family we have there.

In the kitchen . . . we just finished a dinner of egg casserole, homemade bread and fruit.

I am wearing . . . still wearing my church clothes - black pants and multicolored shirt.

We are reading - I am reading Bible Animal Stories for Bedtime to CJ and Michael before they go to bed at night.

I am hoping . . . that I can pick up Michael's risperidone tomorrow. I thought the pharmacy had his refill prescriptions on file but turned out they didn't. So we've gone the weekend without it and I can definitely tell the difference.


We are learning . . . CJ and Michael are practicing the song the children's choir is going to be singing the first Sunday in May. We're going to try to go over it a few times every evening. There are a lot of motions and movements in it so it's taking some practice but we have plenty of time to learn it.

Around the house . . . CJ and Michael are in bed, Doug is watching Ice Road Truckers, Amanda is playing with the dog an Austin has disappeared to his room.


A favorite quote for today . . . Weather means more when you have a garden. There's nothing like listening to a shower and thinking how it is soaking in around your green beans. ~Marcelene Cox

One of my favorite things . . . Pinterest.

A few plans for the rest of the week . . . this week looks like it's going to be busy as usual - Michael's physical therapy, volunteering with Amanda, church Wednesday evening, our church Love Feast Thursday evening, and an in home visit with one child's case worker.

A peak into my day . . . no pictures today. At 2AM this morning my phone rang, scaring me half to death. It turned out that the youth were back from their weekend trip and he needed to be picked. For some reason I had thought they were getting back this afternoon. So Doug went and got him. Michael was restless last night and kept me awake and I ended up not getting up as early as I had hoped. I had choir practice before church and practice for the Easter play after church. The rest of the day was spent here at home with the family. Austin had a friend from church over this afternoon and they had a good time.

And now it's 8:15 and I think I'm going to go to bed really early and get a good start on the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment