Monday, March 5, 2012

The Simple Woman's Daybook - Monday March 5, 2012

For Today

Outside my window . . . Snow!!!! I was so surprised when I woke up this morning to see snow falling and the ground covered. We got around 4 inches here although some places nearby got six or more inches.

I am thinking . . . about how lost I felt the last few days without my computer. It crashed yesterday morning and Doug was finally able to get it going again this evening. In the meantime I really missed it. It's like my lifeline to the outside world some days.

I am thankful . . . for good news from Michael's geneticist today. All three of the tests they sent in came back normal. They tested for Prader-Willi Syndrome, Tuberous Sclerosis, and a general test. In an otherwise crazy day this was some wonderful news and I'm thanking God for it.

In the kitchen . . . Michael has been a little put out that the other three kids make meals a couple times a week and he doesn't. So last week I had him help me pick out a few things that would be simple for him to make. Of course, I'm right there with him, but as much as possible I let him do it on his own. So today for lunch he made pizza and salad. He worked very hard to tear open each box of frozen pizza and put the pizza on the pan. And he was very proud of himself for putting them in the oven. And tearing the lettuce for the salad was fun too.

We are creating . . . a day off from school - both homeschool and public school - meant lots of drawing, beading, and crafting. CJ was busy most of the day making various interesting things out of cardboard and tape.

I am going . . . There were two appointments I was planning to go to today. I had planned to be the Community Services Board this morning and then an IEP meeting this afternoon. But because of the snow those appointments were canceled.

I am reading . . . I wanted to share a blog post that I read earlier this evening. Sarah Markley at The Best Days of My Life shared this post -  The Best Days of My Life: Revisited. It's a good reminder to enjoy the season of life we are in now, knowing that God is in charge.

I am hoping . . . that we get some paperwork this week that we've been waiting for. I've called the office we need it from several times and just can't seem to get further than voice mail. I've left several messages stating what I need and my phone number and address and nothing happens. It's getting frustrating, because we need this paper for taxes and for getting Michael's new medicaid card.

I am looking forward to . . . the warmer weather in the forecast for later this week. Snow the beginning of the week and temperatures in the 60s the end of the week.

I am learning . . . to live, love and laugh more and worry less.

Around the house . . . It's been a busy day in spite of all the appointments being cancelled.

I am pondering . . . a sentence from Dave Burchetts book When Bad Christians Happen to Good People. In chapter 6 Our Walkin' Ain't Matchin' our Talkin' is this sentence - "Our Christian lives should create interest, not validate cynicism." How true, and how sad that it even needs to said. 

A favorite quote for today . . . We need to find God and He cannot be found in noise and restlessness. God is the friend of silence. See how nature - trees, flowers, grass - grows in silence; see the stars, the moon and the sun, how the move in silence.... We need silence to be able to touch souls. ~ Mother Teresa

A few plans for the rest of the week . . . a couple more appointments, volunteering with Amanda at the SPCA, and church are a few of the things coming up this week.

A peek into my day . . . This picture isn't from today but is one I found on my memory card from a few weeks ago. I thought it was too cute not to share. I love how peacefully he's sleeping and those little baby feet sticking out from under the blanket.




1 comment:

  1. Sorry I am late getting around. It has been a busy week already! I enjoyed your daybook and a look around your home. Glad I found you and hope to visit again!

    ReplyDelete