Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Morning Musing Over Coffee - "Little Jobs"





 “His master replied, ‘Well done, good and faithful servant! You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things. Come and share your master’s happiness!’ ~ Matthew 25:23


Don't be afraid to give your best to what seemingly are small jobs. Every time you conquer one it makes you that much stronger. If you do the little jobs well, the big ones will tend to take care of themselves. ~Dale Carnegie


I really, really need to remember this. I tend to get caught up with the big things that I see that need to be accomplished or changed but that I can do nothing about at the moment. In the meantime, I am forgetting the "little" things that are well within my power to accomplish or change. But when I remember to look in front of my own nose, and take care of those things, I often find that the "big" things fall into place, often in surprising ways.

So my prayer today is that I would be faithful in things that are at hand for me to do and let God take care of the things that are beyond my control or that He has not yet shown me a way to act on. I want to be ready for a bigger assignment if He so desires, and not have a lot of "little" things undone that would stand in the way. 



No comments:

Post a Comment