Thursday, March 8, 2012

The Simple Woman's Daybook - Thursday March 8, 2012

For Today

Outside my window . . . I can hear the Spring Peepers peeping away. I love this sound! I noticed today while I was picking up walnuts out of the yard that little wildflowers are starting to bloom.





I am thinking . . . that every day is an adventure and we  never know what interesting things are around the corner for us.

I am thankful . . . for days like today when we can spend lots of time outside just enjoying the fresh air and sunshine.



In the kitchen . . . I fried Three Cheese Black Angus Burgers for dinner this evening.  

I am going . . . today Amanda and I went to SPCA to spend some time with the animals there. We didn't get quite as much time as Amanda would have liked because we forgot our volunteer badges and had to come back home for them. But once we got there we had a good time. Today we played with the cats, getting them out of their cages and letting them have some time to play and soak up some individual attention. We played with four different cats and this one was Amanda's favorite. His name is Angelo. He was the last one we got out and the friendliest.



Here are two of the other cats we played with.

Tinker

Fluppy


Each cat has to be played with seperately. Then when we put it back in it's cage the furniture in the little playroom we used has to be disinfected and the floor mopped before we get out another cat. We also have to wash our hands after each cat. This is to keep them from spreading illnesses between them.

I am learning . . . to take one day at a time.

I am pondering . . . Sharing God's Comfort.

A favorite quote for today . . . The trouble with talking to fast is you may say something you haven't thought of yet. ~ Ann Landers


No comments:

Post a Comment