Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Morning Musing Over Coffee - Perfect Faithfulness



 
 
 LORD, you are my God; I will exalt you and praise your name, for in perfect faithfulness you have done wonderful things, things planned long ago.” ~ Isaiah 25:1
 
 
You can tell the size of your God by looking at the size of your worry list. The longer your list the smaller your God.  ~ Author Unknown
 
 
This quote makes me stop and think. Of course, I know that size of my worry list has nothing to do with the size of God, He is the same Almighty God no matter what I choose to worry about. But I sure can make Him look small in the eyes of others if I am constantly walking around in a state of worry and stress.
 
 
Sometimes when my kids worry about a noise they hear outside and are afraid or concerned I tell them that God is bigger than anything out there so we don't have to be afraid. I have a couple of kids who are afraid of storms and I've also reminded them that God is bigger than any storm so we don't have to be scared.
 
 
It can be so easy to tell my kids this truth and yet so hard to live it out in my own life. But I'm learning, sometimes slowly, but still progress. And the reason I'm learning is because no matter how I feel, God is still the same and what he says is truth. His faithfulness is perfect, even though I am not. And each wonderful thing I see Him do increases my faith.
 
 
I do have to wonder though if God chuckles or is a little saddened by my amazement when He does wonderful things in my life and in the lives of others. After all He has promised over and over, and He has stood the test of time.
 
 
I am so thankful for a loving God who is always faithful to His children!

No comments:

Post a Comment