Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Morning Musing Over Coffee - Like A Tree Planted By the Water




““But blessed is the one who trusts in the LORD, whose confidence is in him. They will be like a tree planted by the water that sends out its roots by the stream. It does not fear when heat comes; its leaves are always green. It has no worries in a year of drought and never fails to bear fruit.””   ~ Jeremiah 17:7-8 NIV


I want to be like that tree, firmly planted with my roots tapped into that Source of living water that never fails. As long as I am being constantly refreshed by this water I do not have to worry about what comes my way, I am provided with the sustenance to flourish no matter the circumstances.


  Blessed is the one
who does not walk in step with the wicked
or stand in the way that sinners take
or sit in the company of mockers,
but whose delight is in the law of the LORD,
and who meditates on his law day and night.
That person is like a tree planted by streams of water,
which yields its fruit in season
and whose leaf does not wither—
whatever they do prospers.
~Psalm 1:1-3  NIV

1 comment:

  1. Great word today. I pray that I stand like this tree, drawing from the Waters of Life and never let the worries of THIS world get to me. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete