Thursday, March 8, 2012

Morning Musing Over Coffee - Sharing God's Comfort


“Blessed be God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies, and the God of all comfort; Who comforteth us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort them which are in any trouble, by the comfort wherewith we ourselves are comforted of God.” 2 Corinthians 1:3-4


As a Christian I am a child of a wonderful Father. One of the blessings of being His child is receiving His comfort when we are in trouble. No matter what the circumstances He is always there to hear, to strengthen, to give strength and to help me through my problems. He does this because He loves me more than I can ever imagine.


And I am so glad to receive that help and comfort. I am quick to ask for it, and I am grateful and thank Him for it. And He wants that - He wants me to ask, He wants to give, and wants me to thank Him.


But He also wants me to share these blessings. He does not comfort me so that I can sit in my little corner and feel good. He loves me and wants good things for me, but He loves all those around me and wants the same for them.  He comforts me so that I in turn can share with others and they too can be comforted and strengthened. 


Dare to reach out your hand into the darkness, to pull another hand into the light. ~Norman B. Rice






1 comment:

  1. These are some of the very things we were impressing upon our youth group last night. Thank you for the confirmation and the motivation to reach out to others who are hurting and need to be shown mercy and love! Blessings to you today!

    ReplyDelete