Friday, March 2, 2012

The Simple Woman's Daybook - Friday March 2, 2012

For Today

Outside my window . . . it's is dark and rainy. There is a flood warning in effect here until shortly after midnight. I just heard a rumble of thunder a few minutes ago.

I am thinking . . . about the storms and tornados crossing our country tonight.

I am thankful . . . for a day filled with blessings - laughter, meaningful work, love, family, baby smiles, good food, coffee - so many blessings if I just stop to pay attention.

In the kitchen . . . I made homemade crackers in five flavors today. I'm looking forward to making more of them in the future and experimenting with different flavors.




I am wondering . . . if this is going to be another Spring filled with devastating storms. There have already been quite a number of tornados this week, although not near us.

I am hoping . . . for  a productive weekend. I would love to get to do some writing and work on some other projects I have started and can't seem to finish.

I am looking forward to . . . another day of blessings tomorrow.

We are learning . . . Michael and I finished Earth and Space (EXPLORE AND LEARN, VOLUME 1) today. This is the first of five Explore and Learn books we will be working through.

CJ is working on learning to knit. This was his evening to cook dinner so he decided to bring his knitting to the kitchen and get in a few stitches while he waited for the macaroni to cook.



 Around the house . . . since I almost always write this post in the late evening it seems like I'm always saying everyone is asleep or on the computer. It's just the way our late evenings are around here.

I am pondering . . . Laughter.

A favorite quote for today . . . Many an opportunity is lost because man is out looking for four-leaf clovers. ~ Author Unknown

A peek into my day . . .










1 comment:

  1. We had tornadoes SO close to us again yesterday. Thankfully my home was fine, but I feel so bad for those just a few miles down the road who got hit hard again, two times in less than a year. :-( Some had just finished rebuilding from last April, then lost it all again.

    Love the picture of CJ learning to knit and the beautiful one with her molds. How fun.

    I enjoyed your Daybook!

    ReplyDelete