Tuesday, March 13, 2012

The Simple Woman's Daybook - Tuesday March 13, 2012

For Today

Outside my window . . . beautiful sunshine. I'll be heading out with the kids in a few minutes to enjoy it.

I am thinking . . . that even though part of me is dreading my lab work tomorrow and what it could reveal, another part of me will be glad if a reason can be found for the constant muscle and joint pain I've been experiencing. Today is really bad but I'm trying not to take too much Ibuprofen for fear of liver damage.

I am thankful . . . for so many blessings - a home I love and a family I love more.

In the kitchen . . . I am going to help Michael make pizza and salad for lunch today. We may decide to eat outside at the picnic tables.


I am going . . . today's going is to a pre-surgery appointment for Michael. When we scheduled putting the tubes in his ears I was told that we would need to go to a pre-surgery appointment. Then the nurse came in and said no, we didn't need to after all, the office would just call us and go over things with us. Then Monday, they called and said we had missed an appointment Friday. I explained what we were told and after going through several people it was finally decided that yes, we do need to come in ahead of time. I'm not sure why all the confusion, and it would have been just fine with me if we could have done this over the phone, but I guess because of the medications he's on and his medical history they want to see him in person.


I am reading . . . I am reading Life Matters: Creating a dynamic balance of work, family, time, & money by A. Roger Merrill and Rebecca Merrill.



Around the house . . . Austin is doing his morning chores, Amanda is taking a shower, Christopher just woke up from a morning nap, and Michael, Khristian and Lauren are playing in the playroom.

I am pondering . . . Springtime In My Soul

A favorite quote for today . . . Be content to act, and leave the talking to others.  ~ Baltasar Gracian

One of my favorite things . . . warm sunshine.

A few plans for the rest of the week . . . This week is so packed! Wednesday - lab work in the morning, church in the evening. Thursday - social security office in the morning, volunteer at the SPCA with Amanda in the evening., Friday - Michael gets tubes put in his ears, Saturday - showing of the movie Courageous at church. Okay, moving on, I'm getting tired just looking at this list. Although the movie Saturday evening will be my reward for a busy week.

A peek into my day . . . So far this morning I've done some writing, given the kids their breakfast, taken out the trash and emptied and reloaded the dishwasher. Just normal morning routine around here.



2 comments:

  1. Loved your daybook. Praying for all you have going on this week. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great daybook post! you week sounds really busy. I will pray that all goes well with Michael's tubes. Enjoy the movie, it is GREAT!

    ReplyDelete