Monday, January 9, 2012

Morning Musing Over Coffee - Uniquely Me, Created By God



He who trims himself to suit everyone will soon whittle himself away. ~ Raymond Hull

Genesis 3 tells the story of The Fall. God had created Adam and Eve to be the caretakers of a beautiful garden. He had a plan for them that would bring them perfect happiness forever. But because they lost sight of who they really were in God's plan, they became easily distracted by someone else's plan. And no else's plan but God's ever leads to joy and satisfaction.

God has a plan for my life as well. He has a plan for your life. And he has created us to suit that plan. He created us with the strengths, the personalities, and the talents that He knew we each would need to be suited to the plan He for us. But if we continually trim ourselves to suit those around us, or to become more like someone else, we lose ourselves, and or less fitted for that beautiful plan He has for us.

I want to be the person God created and equipped me to be today, not a poor impersonation of someone else. I want to walk in the path that God has for me, not the path that someone else lays out for me to suit their own intentions and plans.

I will praise you for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; marvelous are Your works, and that my soul knows very well. My frame was not hidden from You, when I was made in secret, and skillfully wrought in the lowest parts of the earth. Your eyes saw my substance, being yet unformed. And in Your book they all were written, the days fashioned for me, when as yet there were none of them. How precious also are Your thoughts to me, O God! How great is the sum of them! If I should count them, they would be more in number than the sand; when I awake, I am still with You.  ~ Psalm 139:14-18 (NKJV)

Finding Heaven

7 comments:

  1. Amen! Psalm 139 is one of my favorite passages. And freedom to be the person God created me to be is one of my favorite themes. Blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post is so full of wonderful encouragement. I especially love your point about being the person God created us to be, not just an impersonation of someone else.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love all of this, but especially the Raymond Hull quote at the beginning. i think i'll be pondering that for a while!

    ReplyDelete
  4. As a people pleaser, when I found the quote by Raymond Hull several years ago, I plastered it all over my house. I love your post because there IS so much freedom and joy in simply being who we were created to be, instead of spending our life trying to suit everyone else. God made us who we are for a reason and who we are suits HIM! :)

    Great words to start my day!
    Thank YOU!
    ~Stacy

    ReplyDelete
  5. That Raymond Hull quote is excellent! And Ps. 139 is one of my favorites. This post and those verses are great reminders that God has a purpose for each of us. Glad I stopped in from the blog hop to read this today!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am glad you are learning to be comfortable being ... you.

    Fondly,
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete