Monday, January 23, 2012

Morning Musing Over Coffee - Ask




If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you. ~ James 1:5

We have to pray with our eyes on God, not on the difficulties. ~ Oswald Chambers

God wants to give, not only wisdom, but blessings of all kinds. He wants to hear from us the desires of our hearts. He stands ready to bless if we will only come to Him, the Heavenly Father, and the One who gives all things good.

But, I know I am far too likely to look at the difficulties around me and the many reasons I see that this blessing may not be mine and I doubt. I may not even ask because in my eyes it would be impossible anyway. When I do that I am looking at the difficulties instead of keeping my eyes on God.

My prayer, for you and for me, is that we can keep our eyes on God, knowing He loves us, and gives generously to all.

~ Linking Here ~

Finding Heaven




1 comment:

  1. Perfect words. So often we just plow on through life, forgetting that with the simplest prayer, we could be ASKING for help. Thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete