Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Morning Musing Over Coffee - Awesome God


 


There are days when I sit down to write and there is just nothing there. My mind feels like a total blank sheet of paper. Other times there's just way to much there and the words are running over themselves, in no particular order and on about ten different topics at once. This is the case this morning.

But as I'm sitting here trying to sort through this barrage of words running through my mind, I'm grateful that God never has this problem. With all the prayers lifted to him every second of every day, with all the events and activity going on all around the world, He is never overwhelmed, never left trying to sort through and make sense of it all. Every joy, triumph, struggle, tear, and thought is attended to.

And when I am feeling stretched, pulled and somewhat overwhelmed this is such a comfort to me. No, I do not have it all under control. But I don't have to because God does have it all under control and I can rest in knowing He is taking care of each person and situation.

Truly our God is an awesome God.

Then I said: "Lord, the God of heaven, the great and awesome God, who keeps his covenant of love with those who love Him and keep His commandments, ~ Nehemiah 1:5

1 comment:

  1. It is great we can let God have all those things that seem so overwhelming to us.

    ReplyDelete