Friday, January 6, 2012

Morning Musing Over Coffee - Teamwork in Marriage




And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.
And the Lord God said, "It is not good that man should be alone; I will make an help meet for him."
And the Lord God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept: and He took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof;
And the rib, which the Lord God had taken from man, made He a woman, and brought her unto the man.
And Adam said, "This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man."
Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.
Genesis 2:7, 18, 21-24

These verses from Genesis 2 portray the beginning of marriage. God created man and woman to compliment each other, to provide companionship for each other and to work together as a team.

 I am not always a good team player. I have always been very independent and a bit strong willed. And for some things these are good traits. But marriage requires teamwork and this is something I really have to work at.

Fortunately for me, my husband is very patient and understanding and he has helped me to understand how rewarding true teamwork can be. When I communicate with him what I am thinking and feeling and ask for his insight and allow him to do the same, we then can work together toward goals that we both understand and support. And the rewards of working and walking together, in true companionship are definitely worth the effort. Because that's the way God created marriage to work from the very beginning.

~ Linking Here ~

1 comment:

  1. This is very true. Everything runs smoother when we work as a team.

    I smiled when I read that you're very independent and a little strong willed. If I said that, my husband would look at me and raise an eyebrow and say "A little?" :)

    ReplyDelete