Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Morning Musing Over Coffee - Bless the Lord



We so often want to ask God to bless us and there is nothing wrong with that. God wants us to ask Him for the things our hearts desire. But along with that God also desires our praise.

There are a lot of verses in the Psalms that "bless the Lord." I'm going to share some of them here. Today I want to remember what a wonderful God and Father I have who loves me so much He sent His Son to take my punishment.

1. Bless the Lord, O my soul: and all that is within me, bless His Holy Name. Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all His benefits. Psalm 103:1-2

2. Blessed be the Lord, because He hath heard the voice of my supplications. Psalm 28:6

3. Blessed be the Lord, because He hath shewed me His marvellous kindness in a strong city. Psalm 31:21

4. Blessed be the Lord God of Israel, from everlasting, and to everlasting. Amen, and Amen. Psalm 41:13

5. Blessed be the Lord, who daily loadeth us with His benefits, even the God of our salvation. Selah. Psalm 68:19

6. Bless ye God in the congregations, even the Lord, from the fountain of Isreal. Psalm 68:26

7. Blessed be the Lord God, the God of Isreal, who only doeth wondrous things. Psalm 72:18

8. Blessed be the Lord for evermore. Amen, and Amen. Psalm 89:52

9. Bless the Lord, ye His angels, that excel in strength, that do His commandments, hearkening unto the voice of His Word. Bless the Lord, all ye His hosts; ye ministers of His, that do His pleasure. Bless the Lord, all His works in all places of His dominion: bless the Lord, O my soul.  Psalm 103:20-22

10. Bless the Lord, O my soul. O Lord my God, Thou art very great; Thou art clothed with honour and majesty. Psalm 104:1

~ Linking Here ~

top ten list



2 comments:

  1. I am so thankful for all of my blessings...but I have to admit, sometimes I get too caught up and forget to Bless Him...thank you for this sweet reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So simply put. We ask for Blessings from the One who's Name most deserves our Blessed response of Love, Praise, and Adoration. Blessed be the Name of the Lord!

    ReplyDelete