Friday, January 13, 2012

Homemade Bean Bag Chair




I posted here, all the way back in August, about the bean bag chairs I was making for the kids. I sewed the panels for one together and then decided to use the plastic bags from our many large grocery shopping trips to fill them. This week, finally, the first one was full enough to finish up.



The kids love it. It's just the right size for a couple preschoolers or perfect for an older child to sit in to read a book or watch tv.



 I like the idea of filling these bean bag chairs with plastic bags but it takes a long time to get enough bags to fill one, even though we do buy a lot of groceries. I think for the next one I'm going to enlist the help of local friends collecting the bags to fill it up.



~ Linking Here ~
SUNDAY - Sunday FUNday, Creative Bloggers Party and Hop, So Sweet Sundays, Sunday Showcase , Not “Baaad” Sunday, Think Pink Sundays, Sunday Linky Party, DIY Project Parade, Just Something I Whipped Up, Sew Darn Crafty, {K.I.S.S.} Blog Bash, MONDAY - Made by You Monday, Savvy HomeMade Monday, Inspire Me Mondays, A Marvelous Mess, I Made It, Making the World Cuter Monday, More the Merrier, Craft-O-Maniac Monday, Making Monday Marvelous, Motivate Me Monday, Market Yourself Monday, TUESDAY - Titus 2sdays, A Little Birdie Told Me, Domestically Divine, One Project at a Time, Teach Me Tuesdays WEDNESDAY - Homemaking Link-Up, Made by Me Wednesdays, Living Well Wednesdays, THURSDAY - Create It Thursday,  Delightfully Inspiring Thursday, Creative Juice Thursday, It's a PartyLink It Up Thursday, FRIDAY – Fridays Unfolded, Finer Things Friday, Fridays on Remodelaholic, SATURDAY - Weekend Wrap-Up Party, Get Schooled Saturday

Tip Junkie handmade projects

16 comments:

  1. yeah that is a good idea to fill it with plastic grocery bags! cool :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is recycling at its finest! i just paid $30 for what looks just like your picture for my college son!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great repurposing idea and the bean bag turned out great. Your kids are adorable and I am sure they will get plenty of use of their new seat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun that you used plastic grocery sacks! I would have never thought of that!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a clever idea! I'd love for you to share this at my new party:

    http://flourmewithlove.blogspot.com/2012/01/mix-it-up-monday.html

    I hope to see you soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. great idea to use plastic bags!!
    -Laura Kate

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is fantastic - I am going to have to make one for my son's room!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great (green) idea to use plastic bags to fill the bean bag. It turned out so cute and the kiddos look like they LOVE it! Thanks for sharing at Link It Up Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely brilliant!

    Thank you so much for sharing your talent and creativity on “A Little Birdie Told Me…” at Rook No. 17! Looking forward to seeing what inspirations you’ll share tomorrow!
    Warmest wishes,
    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for sharing this with us! Some really amazing features.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The home made bean bag chair is shown on the post here. Useful post

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your Blog is awesome and you share very important information for People because today's life is very busy.
    The information is very useful!Thank you for sharing the information!Keep up the great works!

    Fatboy Bean Bag Chairs

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very Very excellent and useful publish. Thank's to talk about your experience with us. I will try to keep in thoughts bean bags chairs - these recommendations in my weblog writing reviews procedure.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is awesome post. Your post is really great! Its highly informative and impressive. your post appreciate to me very much. I am asking for this type of post. Thank you very much for sharing it.get a professional email account.

































    ''

    ReplyDelete