Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Morning Musing Over Coffee - Guarding My Thoughts



“Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.” Philippians 4:8 KJV






There are days when my mind seems to be determined to take the low road and dwell on anything and everything that is negative and unhappy. On days like this I am irritable and unhappy and generally hard to live with.  But when I remember this verse and begin deliberately turning the direction of my thoughts towards the positive, I find my outlook changing. Sometimes it's a slow change, sometimes it's dramatic as I suddenly realize how amazingly blessed I am.

My prayer for you and for me today is that we will turn our minds toward those things that are true and pure and lovely.


Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer. Psalm 19:14

2 comments:

  1. 2 Corinthians 10:5
    We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.

    I have to try SO hard many days to remember this! What a good reminder, Rose!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My 8 year old and I just finished memorizing Philippians 4:8 this morning! I am hoping it will be a reminder for us in the same way, and available whenever we are having one of those difficult days or moments. Blessings! - Robin

    ReplyDelete