Thursday, January 26, 2012

Morning Musing Over Coffee - Adventure in Abundance




Today at Faith Barista we are talking about this One Word:

Adventure
An adventure is defined as an exciting or unusual experience; it may also be a bold, usually risky undertaking, with an uncertain outcome.

At the beginning of January many people chose one word for the year. The word I chose is Abundance. Jesus said "I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly." John 10:10 So this year I am claiming that abundance for myself and my family.

I believe that stepping out in this faith, claiming this abundance is going to be an adventure and I'm looking forward to it. It's going to be an adventure of faith because it's going to stretch me further than I've been stretched before.

I believe it will be exciting. God never does anything halfway so this adventure is going to be beyond anything I can imagine.

I believe it will be unusual. God is not stuck in that box we often try to place ourselves and others and even Him in. So any adventure in abundance with God is going to be unusual in our eyes.

It will be bold. I believe this adventure in abundance will be a bold illustration of God's awesomeness.

Will it be risky with an uncertain outcome? Maybe at times it will seem that way to me, but God has already walked through this story from beginning to end so it is not risky for Him, and He knows the outcome. And since He is walking through this story with me, I can step out in the assurance that there will be a happy ending. 

It's going to be an adventure of abundant love because God is love.

It's going to be an adventure of abundant joy, and peace that passeth understanding.

It's going to be an adventure of growing and learning, of using the talents I was given to serve others.

It's going to be an adventure of abundant creativity because the Creator Himself is in on this adventure.

But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.  1Corinthians 2:9

I'm excited and looking forward to this year's adventure in abundance!



3 comments:

  1. I'm kind of a stick-in-the-mud person. I sure could become more adventuresome. "God has walked through the story..." That's an awesome thought.

    Blessings through your ABUNDANT year.
    Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  2. Visiting from Bonnie's today. "I believe it will be unusual. God is not stuck in that box we often try to place ourselves and others and even Him in. So any adventure in abundance with God is going to be unusual in our eyes." I need to remember that when something doesn't quite line up with my thinking, that it just might be the next adventure God is taking me on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by today. I am your newest GFC follower. Stop back by for a follow back.

    ReplyDelete